Going Away Checklist
- Turn off your main water supply. The valve is usually located by your hot water heater.
- Unplug hot water heater (turn off 2 valves on top of heater).
- Open all faucets and drains.
- Turn off water valves to washing machine (if applicable).
- Turn off icemaker and empty ice from ice tray.
- Put one capful of bleach in each toilet, then cover bowl with cellophane wrap.
- Unplug all computers.
- Unplug televisions and cable box.
- Disconnect the cable between the cable that connects to the cable box.
- Unplug toaster, microwave, coffee machine and all other appliances.
- Set your thermostat to 75 degrees.
- Set the humidistat to 50 degrees.
- Have your mail forwarded.
- Tightly close and lock all windows and doors
- Close drapes and blinds.
- Leave a copy of service contract on your kitchen counter.
- Notify Management Office of your alternate address and phone number.
- DO NOT turn off your phone service! The alarm system works through phone lines.
- Arrange for someone to check on your residence. (See listings in MyWynmoor’s Classifieds Section).
- Have a good trip and come back soon!